Globally seen, the Mercedes E-Class is the most important model in Mercedes its broad model range. Even for a facelift Mercedes leaves nothing to a chance. The latest update of the E-Class is a good example of this. The front and the back are almost completely redesigned. Also the AMG models will receive the new treatment, but for now Mercedes only reveiled the E 53 AMG 4MATIC+ in saloon and estate variant.
Some of the highlights:
- MBUX infotainment system
- AMG specific radiator grille
- New AMG Performance Steering wheel as standard
- Engine set-up remains the same: three litre engine with twin turbocharging via an exhaust gas turbocharger and an electric additional compressor generates an output of 435 hp, and the EQ Boost starter-alternator provides an additional 22 hp.
- New paintwork available: graphite grey metallic, mojave silver metallic and high-tech silver metallic
- Optional AMG Dynamic Plus package that offers RACE drive mode which allows Drift Mode
- AMG Driver’s Package: 270 km/h as top speed and larger brakes (front: 370 x 36 mm, back: 360 x 26 mm)
- Two powerdomes and round twin tailpipe trim elements
- 0-100 km/h: 4,5 s (saloon) – 4,6 s (estate)
More Mercedes E AMG history on this link.