Next to the new AMG GT 4-Door Coupé, there was more AMG news at the Geneva International Motor Show with the facelift of the C 43 AMG.
The ’43’ and ’53’ AMGs are the only AMG models that lack the one-man-one-engine badge, but they are as powerful as most of the ‘real’ AMGs of 10 years ago. In reality they also account for a high portion of the total AMG sales. With the arrival of the facelifted C-Class, also the C 43 received an update. The new front grille of the C 43 AMG is coming from the pre-facelifted C 63 AMG (the new C 63 will probably receive the Panamerca grille) and at the back there are 4 round exhaust pipes. Classy. The engine output reaches now 390 hp instead of 367 hp previously. The engine is still the M276 3,0 l V6 but in contrast with the 53 AMG model range (CLS & E-Class) there is no EQ boost function.
Other highlights of the C 43 AMG:
- Rear-biased AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive
- 520 Nm between 2.500 and 5.000 rpm
- 0 to 100 km/h in 4,7 seconds (estate: 4,8 s)
- Red seat belts
- Fully digital instrument cluster with 12,3 inch screen with three specific display styles: Classic, Sport & Supersport
- AMG SPEEDSHIFT TCT 9G transmission with shorter shift times
- AMG Dynamic Select: Comfort, Sport, Sport +, Individual and Slippery
- AMG RIDE CONTROL suspension: Comfort, Sport and Sport+ (electronic damping function)