Some weeks ago, Mercedes-AMG teased us with a little revealing picture of a new E-Class AMG. It stood next to legends like the 1988 E Class AMG Hammer and the 2007 CLK AMG Black Series. Below the cover is the slightly more modest E 53 AMG Coupé and Convertible. In line with the Saloon and Estate, the facelift at the front is quite drastic: new front bumper, new headlights and redesigned grille.
Some of the E 53 AMG highlights:
- MBUX infotainment system
- New AMG Performance Steering wheel as standard
- Engine set-up remains the same: three litre engine with twin turbocharging via an exhaust gas turbocharger and an electric additional compressor generates an output of 435 hp, and the EQ Boost starter-alternator provides an additional 22 hp.
- New paintwork available: graphite grey metallic, mojave silver metallic, high-tech silver metallic and patagonia red.
- Optional AMG Dynamic Plus package that offers RACE drive mode which allows Drift Mode
- AMG Driver’s Package: 270 km/h as top speed and larger brakes
- 0-100 km/h: 4,4 s (coupé) – 4,6 s (convertible)