With the A 35 AMG, Mercedes-AMG is introducing the entry-level AMG of the new A-Class. Marketing talks unfortunately because the A 35 AMG 4MATIC is as expensive as the A 45 AMG 4MATIC that it is succeeding. The new A 35 might be as agressive as the old A 45, with a price tag of almost 52.000 euro (in Belgium, including VAT) it’s not for everyone.
But what are the highlights of the new A 35 AMG 4MATIC?
- M260 2,0 l R4 with 306 hp and 400 Nm at 3.000 rpm. The crankcase is made of lightweight die-cast aluminium which reduces weight. The use of a twin-scroll turbocharger results in optimal responsiveness at low engine rotations and strong power at higher speeds. Each cylinder group is directed onto a turbine flow of the twin-scroll turbine. The patented honing Conicshape of the cylinders reduces internal engine friction and also increases efficiency.
- 0 to 100 km/h in 4,7 seconds. Top speed of 250 km/h.
- AMG Speedshift DCT 7G with dual clutch transmission including Race-start function.
- 4MATIC all-heel drive with variable torque distribution which is regulated electro-mechanically with a multi-disc clutch at the rear axle, but power to the rear wheels is limited to 50%.
- A bolted aluminium plate below the engine increases the torsional stiffness of the front section. Two extra diagonal braces at the front of the underbody also reduce the torsion and increase stiffness in order to increase driving performance.
- AMG Dynamic Select offers 5 driving modes: Slippery, Comfort, Sport, Sport+ and Individual.
- AMG Dynamics handling control system changes parameters such as yaw damping and steering responsiveness depending on the driving mode.
- New MBUX multimedia system with innovating operating and three AMG display styles. Also the voice control activation of several functions is possible with two simple words: ‘Hey Mercedes’.
More A-Class AMG history can be found here.